Laptop


Recently I treated myself to a new laptop. The ASUS G1S-B2. This thing is packing an Intel Core2Duo T7700 @ 2.4ghz with 3 gigs of ram and sporting an nVidia geforce 8600m GT video card for gaming. All that power is helping me type this post at the moment. I still use my custom built tower for newer games. It's a little weaker in the processing power but makes up for it with a monster video card - the 8800GTX. The 9800GTX just came out last week, but it's not above and beyond the 8800, so it's got a few years left in it I think. Crysis is the only game it can't max out, but then again no card can. I've been playing mostly Steam games such as Half Life 2 and Sin: Episodes since you don't need a disc to play. It runs off the hard drive. My second or maybe even 3rd run through of those games are just as fun as the first time. I'm starting to play through Episode 1 with developer commentary on and it's very interesting. Half Life is definitely one of my favorite game franchises. I would love to see a movie made but at the same time I don't think it would work. For one, Gordon Freeman never talks and with my luck some douche bag director like Uwe Boll would develop it.

0 comments: