The Decline of Western Televisation

I'm the first to admit that I never would have thought I would be a weekly watcher of One Tree Hill but, hey, it kind of just happened. My girlfriend, Ana, bought the first season awhile ago and the next thing you know I'm Tivo-ing season 6. It's not the best show on TV but it's entertaining. I've invested so much time in it already that I can't just walk away. I'm going down with the ship. Although recently a new character emerged on the show who looked mighty familiar. Why yes, it's John Doe from one of my favorite bands, X! Apparently he's also an actor on top of a musical genius. So if John Doe, the LA punk icon of the 80's, is on the show I feel a little less ashamed watching the show. Crisis averted. Masculinity in tact, although pay no mind to John Doe's mesh shirt above. Here's a clip of X from the punk documentary The Decline of Western Civilization.

0 comments: