Dare To Be Like The iPhone

I've recently upgraded my phone to the new LG Dare from Verizon. My contract has been up for a little while now but no phone really caught my eye. I knew I wanted one with a QWERTY (hey, that's fun to type. Try typing it like ending a piano recital) keyboard so I was checking out the Alias and the Glyde but it wasn't mindblowing enough for me to drop $100 when my current phone is just fine. Of course I want the iPhone. A friend of mine has one and it's pretty damn sweet but I am not going to switch carriers because everyone and my mother (literally) is on Verizon and the only thing I use my phone for is text messaging and maybe an hour of talk time per month. I'm also not very keen on paying over $100 a month on a damn cell phone bill. F that. The Dare is an obvious competitor for the iPhone for Verizon customers. It's not a smart phone. It's a "feature heavy" phone as I like to call it. All touch screen with with a 3.2 megapixel camera. 3.2 I say! The photo editing features are insane with options to change, brightness, contrast, sharpness with custom cropping. You can change the ISO settings, has a flash and it autofocuses like a point and shoot. It's quite amazing for a camera phone. Another useful tool that it has that I never thought I would have any use for is the drawing pad. I can draw with my finger and change the brush size and color as well as erase areas like a pencil. Fun for drawing obscene pictures and sending them to my friends and loved ones. Always makes me laugh. It's super sleek and small enough for men like myself to carry it around comfortably in my pocket. MicroSD card compatible for music, videos, and photos. The touch screen takes getting used to but I find that you must use the tip of your nail instead of the finger tip for best results. There is no need for me to tack on an additional 50% to my bill for data usage, but this phone also sports an HTML web browser. A perfect iPhone substitute until Apple drops it's contract with AT&T.



A touch of the screen will bring up a shortcut list of your most frequently used tools. Customizable of course.

QWERTY keypad for text messaging and any other text input. Turn the phone 90 degrees and the screen will orient itself as shown.

0 comments: